Seed Packet Favors are the perfect gift for any event! They are most popularly used in weddings, bridal showers, memorials and baby showers, but are also utilized as a promotional handout with businesses, fundraisers and charity events.
- Seed Needs LLC is a small, family owned and operated seed shop that is committed to providing all of it’s customers with the highest quality seed products on the market.
- The owner (James) started selling seeds at just 15 years of age. He has continued to grow the business over the past several years and happily works with his family.
- Seed Needs LLC is located in the mitten state of Michigan, and operates out of a single office space, that is less than 3,000 square feet. But don’t let the size of our office fool you, because we send out hundreds of thousands of seed packets to happy customers every year.
- All of our seeds are kept in optimal conditions that are free of moisture and are exposed to virtually no sunlight. Our facility is temperature controlled, which means our inventory stays fresh year round.
- Through the continued success of our business we are able to generously donate to 25 kids all over the world who are in need of basic necessities, such as food, clean drinking water and medical attention. We are blessed to be able to sponsor these children through organizations such as Childfund.org and Compassion International.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you for years to come!
Question: Are your seeds heirloom? Answer: In short yes, a vast majority of the plant varieties we carry are heirloom. Heirlooms are varieties that have been passed down for generations.
Question: Are your seeds GMO? Answer: No, we promise to never knowingly carry or supply any GMO based seed products and steer clear of seed producers from major GMO companies, such as Monsanto.
Question: Are your seeds Organic? Answer: No, at this time we do not sell organic seeds.
Question: What is the difference between a hybrid variety and a GMO based seed product. Answer: Hybrids are a NATURAL process of cross pollinating two species, thus producing a first generation hybrid (F1.) For example: Mixing a red, double blooming, single stem sunflower, with a yellow, multi branching sunflower might result in a orange-red, double blooming, multibranching plant.
GMO based seed products are a completely different and unatural process of gene splicing in a laboratory. The process entails the introduction of a separate biological kingdom, such as a bacteria, or a pesticide. This bacteria or pesticide is then eaten directly by the consumer when the crops reach maturity. (BAD NEWS)
Question: Do the packages have sowing instructions on them? Answer: Yes, all of our seed packets have detailed sowing information on the reverse side as well as a QR code that leads to the original product page here on our website.
Question: Why is there no expiration date on your seed packages? Answer: Our seeds are contained within a temperature controlled facility in airtight containers. When we ship our seed products to customers, we fill a small portion of packets that sell on a weekly basis. We do not print an expiration date on the packets since the large majority of seeds technically do not expire for long periods of time, IF they are stored in the proper conditions. If you plan to store or save your seeds for the following year, we suggest placing them in a ziplock bag, later storing them in a dark, cool and dry area of the home.
Question: Can I receive a catalog in the mail? Answer: At this time, we are focused on remaining solely online. We do not send paper catalogs in an effort to save more trees, as well as keep our prices low.
Question: I did not receive an invoice for my order. Answer: We do not send paper invoices with our orders since the invoice can be viewed online with your Seed Needs account. You will also receive an invoice / order confirmation through email.
Question: What if my seeds don't grow? Answer: If you experience any problems with our seed products, contact us within 180 days of your purchase date for a resolution.
Question: Can you ship these seeds overseas? Answer: At this time we only ship within the United States and Canada.
Question: How long will shipping take? Answer: This can sometimes depend on the size of your order, however 95% of our orders will ship within 24 to 48 hours. All orders ship First Class by default and can take 2 - 5 business days to arrive. Orders placed on a Friday may not ship until the following Monday.
If the Questions & Answers displayed here do not prove helpful, please contact us for additional assistance.
We normally respond within 12 to 24 hours after your email has been received.